by Fr. Stephen Frase
From our friend Fr. Stephen come these top 10 tips. What would you add to them?
1. Don’t miss services, not even for studying or writing papers.
2. Go to confession, at least once every three weeks.
3. Ask difficult questions (really any question) to professors after class or during breaks. Do your best not to judge them. They are sinners in need of a Savior as we all are.
4. Being “right” is less important than being humble.
5. Walk around the neighborhood every day (weather permitting)
6. Try not to eat seconds at meals. Definitely don’t have thirds.
7. Have a personal prayer rule that is discussed and adjusted with the blessing of the Confessor/Spiritual guide.
8. Strive to avoid ecclesial gossip.
9. Discuss what you learn with classmates to keep the information “alive.”
10. Don’t expect anything out of seminary other than temptations, trials, and tribulations. Through these one acquires the peace of God what transcends all understanding.
Moses Myers says
Thanks Father…this is helpful…